John Beckman (Lead Vocals)
Ten questions with Frontman John Beckman
1. When did you give your life to Christ and how did it happen?
A friend invited me to church at age 16 and when the pastor asked me if I wanted to receive Christ I easily believed.
2. What is your favorite concert you have attended as a fan?
The Trans Siberian Orchestra
3. What is the most enjoyable thing about singing with God's Dirt?
Impacting people with God's enduring truth.
4. What is your favorite God's Dirt song?
All My God because of it's bold line, "You can kill me now but I still won't die!
5. What is your greatest accomplishment outside of God's Dirt?
Does having kids count?
6. What are some of your favorite hobbies and interests?
I am very active. I like playing softball and attending workout classes at the YMCA. I also enjoy skating, skiing, volleyball, and biking.
I love attending church and in my spare time I enjoy singing karaoke.
7. What and who are your greatest musical influences?
It is really a combination of almost everyone that I have heard. If I had to narrow it down to a couple it would maybe be Greg Volz from Petra.
I also like Les Carlsen from Bloodgood.
8. Where do you like to go to "get away from it all"?
Physically I would say anywhere that is tropical but spiritually it is when I feel the all consuming presence of God that brings me to tears.
9. Besides God's Dirt, what other ministries have you been involved in?
I have served as a Sunday School teacher, a youth leader, and an interim pastor. I have also done nursing home and street ministry.
I do special music at church from time to time.
10. What is the best God's Dirt concert you have ever done?
They're all good and the best is yet to come!